Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Behind the scenes of TEDx Penry Street- The Box

Photo By Colin Beamer

Here is a sneak peak
video
Andrew Anderson of EventStretch in Charlotte mapped the historic courtroom in 3-D to project

 
So first of all, I have to give a big shout out to our community for pulling off a fantastic feat of TEDx TALKS for which I was honored to be one of the presenters.  I've been watching TED Talks online for years and never imagined having the opportunity to be a participant.

TED began in 1984 as a conference where technology, entertainment and design converged to create a brand of revolutionary talks ranging from economic to societal issues in more than 100 languages. Watching the world come together through this online community has been my free connection to my global neighbors. I've kept up with some of the popular speakers through social media. In fact, last August I wrote a column about finding inspiration in Dr. Brené Brown's popular 2010 TED Talk, "The Power of Vulnerability," based on her research and studies of the motivation toward shame, vulnerability, courage and authenticity.

So I have to say Congratulations to Jack Davis & 
The Lexington Youth Government Council scored the licensing. 

Way to go Jack Davis &
Youth Council Members


These guys made us so proud! 


I got so excited about this TALK. I've been following TED talks for years.


I was humbled and excited to asked to be one of the speakers. I typically don't get nervous but there was something very different about this speech. I think partially knowing that it would go online and be viewed globally had something to do with it.



More Photos From The Event






It was a great event and I am thankful to my family, friends and bf Jim for the support through the process of preparing for the TALK.


Here are a few sweet moments with friends and family during the process.


Stay tuned for a link to the actual TALKS. It was an amazing evening filled with a variety of topics ranging from stereotypes- redefining "yes" and "no"- and soap boxes. WE WERE EVEN JOINED BY A FORMER MISS USA! I am thankful that the city and county came together to make this a wonderful opportunity for dialogue about thinking OUTSIDE OF THE BOX.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading! Here is more information about the event: http://www.tedxpenrystreet.com/about.html

    ReplyDelete